Long-time TFMCS member Lyle Stanway VE3LHS became a Silent Key on November 8, 2016.
Latest CanWarn Dates are now posted
January 14 update
This is what is working today.
- internet was down - it is now back up. It is running on ac for now. (Inverter is no good.)
- rpt 70cm side is up and running both system fusion and fm
- rpt 2m side is running only fm until update is completed.
- bbe icom 220 is running 20 watts with no amp.
- Irlp should be online.
- Dstar should be running but not sure how to link repeaters. (Due to internet being down.)
- backup batteries were thirsty. Topped as much as we can. Paul or Nigel to check with someone about the state of the batteries. (Possible end of life.)
- Both tower 2m 70cm are ok.
This is what needs to be done.
- Six meter. Works on the receive side. Duplexers to be installed.
- 1.25 ghz is at the site and cannot be placed into service. No duplexers. Nigel to follow up
- Clean up the shack
- Steel wool needs to be sealed around antenna openings. Mice have chewed through the foam insulation.
- 10m still on hold until transmitter finds a spot.
- rpt 2m side needs updating firmware.
- Twr 70cm side needs firmware update.
- Siding on roof for the shack needs to be closed off from mice and raccoons. (summer)
- Agm meeting and picnic to be planned
We will make another trip soon at a later date.
Thanks to the following people for helping out.
Malcolm, Nigel, Paul, Ian, Henry.
We will have A table At HAM-EX - here is an early reminder
Canada’s Top Amateur Radio & Electronics Showcase and Sale
Saturday March 18, 2017