August 21st Eclipse as seen in Toronto from VE3BGD
June 19 update
This is what is working today.
- Internet was down - it is now back up. It is running on ac for now. (Inverter is no good.)
- RPT 70cm side is up and running both system fusion and FM
- RPT 2m side is running only FM until update is completed.
- BEG Icom 220 is running 20 watts with no amp.
- IRLP is off line.
- D-star running linking available
- Batteries were cleaned and topped-up
- Both tower 2m 70cm are ok.
This is what needs to be done.
- Six meter. Works on the receive side. Duplexers to be installed.
- 1.25 g is up and running
- Clean up the shack in progress
- 10m still on hold until transmitter finds a spot.
- TWR 70cm side needs firmware update.
- Siding on roof for the shack needs to be closed off from mice and raccoons. (In progress)
- AGM meeting and picnic to be planned
We will make another trip soon at a later date.
Thanks to the following people for helping out.
Malcolm, Nigel, Paul, Ian, Henry, & William
Latest Can-Warn Information see Can-Warn Page
Ontario Distracted Driving update
The Ontario Gov’t wants to hear from Amateurs on the proposed changes to the Distracted Driving exemption.
Please copy and use the link at the bottom of this bulletin to send your reply to them.
We recently learned that one of our founding members, Paul Harcourt VE3BDW, became a Silent Key in 2015.
We are sorry to report that Eric Meth VE3EI became a Silent Key today.
We will be at the Durham Hamfest on April 29. Stop by and say hello.
We are sad to report that Mike Ennis VE3AO became a Silent Key on May 13.