On Saturday, November 1 we'll be at the York Region Hamfest at the Markham Fairgrounds.
Chris Wilson from Yaesu will be at the hamfest on Saturday to talk about Yaesu products. This will also include System Fusion, which as you may or may not know is installed on VE3TWR 444.400 repeater. TFMCS will also be installing another System Fusion repeater on 442.100 shortly. Feel free to drop by and talk to Chris about Yaesu products.
There will be a membership fee increase effective January 1, 2015.
- NEW Associate Member $20.00
- NEW Single Member $30.00
- NEW Family Members $40.00
You still have time to renew your membership for one year only at the current rate by December 31, 2014.
You can pay by PayPal by visiting our membership options page. You can send a cheque to us at
Toronto FM Communications Society
PO Box 6010
You are required to login to view this page.
Mike VA3MW writes:
Mike va3mw, Nigel ve3id, Neil ve3sst, and Nathan va3nxp spent the day (October 19) working on mostly antennas. There was lots of tower climbing by Mike and Nathan while Neil and Nigel had to deal with digging up the 1 5/8" feedline and changing the connector.
- The 2M 4 Bay was moved to the East tower to become the new 2M DSTAR antenna
- 2M VHF vertical was installed on top of the west tower. This should improve VE3RPT's coverage
- 2M DSTARs coverage should be much more improved as the antenna is installed 60ft higher (Ramesh --- this is for you!!! 🙂 ) 145.250Mhz - Let us know how it works in Mississauga now.
- The entire 1286Mhz feedline was inspected, cut, drained. The coverage still has issues so that leaves issues with the antenna, duplexor, top connector or the repeater itself. We will figure this out, it is just going to take more time. About 3M of feedline was cut off and the bottom connector remounted.
- The 220 repeater is still stand alone. We couldn't find any antenna problems (yet), but I did notice that the RF out was only 3 watts from the radio. This will limit its coverage. We will up this to close to 50w with the new repeater installation.
- I have started to remove hardware to integrate into the new controller, so in doing so, I have been removing hardware from the hill. With that, the hub is offline and IRLP is offline.
- 1 new repeater has arrived from Yaesu. I expect the other one today.
VE3TFM VE3RPT VE3SIX VE3BEG VE3TWR VE3DHL